Online Casino Canada Real Cash Guide
If you are looking for a new Canadian online casino where you can play real cash games in 2020, you've come to the right place. We review and recommend only the top sites as well as offering information on gambling laws, where to find the best bonuses, and so much more.
Specific Canadian Laws by Province
There are 10 provinces in Canada, and each has its own laws when it comes to online gambling. Below you will find information on the current laws in each province as well as information on their online offerings.
- Ontario: If you are looking for a site in Ontario, you'll be happy to know that the government run PlayOLG is available for residents. There are over 25 brick and mortar casinos for residents too. Horse racing, sports betting via Pro-Line, lottery, and charitable gaming is also legal.
- Quebec: Legal gambling has been allowed since 1970 and the provincially run EspaceJeux is the online betting house for residents in this province. There are nine land based establishments. Horse racing, lottery games, sports betting via Mise-O-Jeu, bingo and charitable gaming are also legal.
- Nova Scotia: There is no provincially run online casino for this province, but residents can use offshore casinos. Legal forms of gambling include lottery and charitable gaming regulated by the Atlantic Lottery Corporation, horse racing, and sports betting via Pro-Line. There are two land based casinos both of which are government owned.
- New Brunswick: New Brunswick become the first province to introduce video lottery terminals in 1990. There is one land based casino but no online casino although residents can play at one of the many offshore Canada friendly sites. Sports betting is overseen by The Atlantic Lottery via Pro-Line. Lottery and charitable gaming is also permitted in this province.
- Manitoba: Gambling is legal and overseen by the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba. Online gambling became legal in 2013 and residents in this province can play at PlayNow, the provincially run online casino. There are land based gambling establishments as well as horse racing, lottery, charitable gaming, and sports betting using the Sport Select system.
- British Columbia: The British Columbia Lottery Corporation offers a number of legal gambling opportunities for residents in this province. This includes lottery and horse racing. There are 15 land casinos offering slots, table games, and poker, and PlayNow, the government run online gambling website launched in 2004. Here players can enjoy real cash casino games, sports betting, lottery, bingo, and poker from the comfort of their own home.
- Prince Edward Island: The Prince Edward Island Lotteries Commission oversees gambling in this region. Sports betting is available via Pro-Line. The provincial lottery is operated by the Atlantic Lottery Corporation. Horse racing and charitable games are also available. Land based casino action combines harness racing as well as blackjack, poker and slots.
- Newfoundland and Labrador: This province allows most forms of gambling except for casinos. Charitable gaming, lottery, horse racing, and video lottery terminals are all available. There are no websites for this province or sportsbooks, but residents can legally gamble at offshore sites.
- Saskatchewan: There are six Indian Gaming Authority land casinos as well as two operated by the Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation. There is no online casino, but residents can use offshore operators. Video lottery terminals, charitable gaming, lottery, horse racing, and sports betting is all available.
- Alberta: There is a long history of sports betting and gambling in this province but no provincially run website. Horse racing, video lottery terminals, and sports betting are managed by the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission. There are over 25 land based casinos.
Incentives for New Online Casino Players
When it comes to finding a real cash online casino Canada, players have a great deal of choice and the best way to test them out is by using bonuses. These bonuses are incentives from licensed and regulated sites that encourage new players to sign up for a real money account. Below are the most popular bonuses for Canadian online casino players.
- Deposit Match: This is a common welcome or signup promotion that sees new players receive a percentage match when they create a new account and fund their account for the first time. A typical example is 100% up to $200 which means your deposit is doubled up to $200. Some top Canada online casinos offer welcome packages where players receive a larger sum of bonus money, but it is spread out over a number of deposits. Some welcome packages even come with free spins added on too.
- No Deposit: This is a free offer that doesn't require you to make a deposit. It can come in three formats; bonus cash, free spins, or free time. There is no risk involved and players can win real cash. A typical no deposit bonus is worth between $10 and $25 and can be used to test out the games the casino offers. Free spins are usually tied to a specific game and can be between 20 and 50 spins. The free time no deposit bonus gives you 60 minutes and a large credit balance to use to win as much as you can.
New vs Existing Player Bonuses
New players tend to receive more lucrative bonuses, but existing player promotions can provide a lot more choice. When you sign up with a Canadian online casino you are treated to a welcome offer and if you continue to play, you'll find a number of different promotions waiting. These include monthly cashback offers, reloads, free spins, and loyalty programs.
How to Withdraw Real Cash
If you redeem one of the many real cash online casino Canada bonuses, you'll want to know how to use them to win and what you need to do to withdraw real cash. The first thing you'll have to do is read the terms and conditions. There are three main things to take into consideration and we have these listed below.
- Wagering Requirements: All bonuses come with wagering requirements. This is the amount you will have to bet in order to be able to withdraw your real cash winnings. The average is 40x but it can be higher or lower depending on where you play. If you receive a $100 bonus with a 35x playthrough, it means you will have to spend a total of $3,500 in bets to clear the bonus. It is important to check the WR before redeeming any offer. No deposit bonuses have higher playthrough but you receive a lower amount so it can be easier to win real cash.
- Bonus Expiry Date: Another thing to look at before using any Canadian online casino bonus is the validity period. This is the amount of time you have to clear the wagering requirement. If you don't do it in that time you forfeit your bonus and any winnings you might have accumulated. The longer the expiry period the better chance you have at withdrawing.
- Games: Knowing what games to play is the final element in withdrawing real cash using bonuses. Some games might be excluded, and others will contribute less towards the playthrough. For example, slots tend to contribute 100% but table games like roulette or blackjack might only be worth 10%. In this case, it makes sense to play slots. We recommend you check the RTP of the slots and choose ones at 97% or above. We also recommend titles that have a least one free spins or bonus round along with multipliers as these go a long way towards hitting the playthrough and cashing out.
Be sure to check our recommended Canada online casinos and read our expert reviews for more information. If you're looking for real cash no deposit bonuses and the most lucrative deals for both new and returning players, be sure to visit our 2020 bonus section.